2020 Elections Important Dates
Town Meeting TBD
Special Election May 19th
Local Election June 20
Last Day to Register (State Prim) August 12+
State Primary September 1
Last Day to Register (State Election) October 14+
Town Meeting October 17?
State Election November 3
- = Open until 5 + = Open until 8
Register to Vote
To check if you are registered go here https://www.sec.state.ma.us/voterregistrationsearch/myvoterregstatus.aspx
In order to vote in any election, a citizen must have registered to vote at least twenty days before the election. Citizens may register to vote in several ways:
1. On Line at https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/
2. In person at the Town Clerk’s Office (or any Clerk’s Office in the Commonwealth)
3. At the Registry of Motor Vehicles or several other state agencies
4. By mail, using an official state form.
To obtain a form by mail, call the Town Clerk’s Office at 508-747-1620 X169. The voter registration form must be postmarked on or before the deadline date to be eligible for the next election.
Please note that if you will be 18 on or before Election Day but after the registration deadline, you can register before the deadline.
Once registered, a voter can maintain active voting status simply by completing the annual town census. If a voter moves, it is necessary to re register.